The Drunk is a political comedy and fictional account of the hard drinking grandson of legendary labor leader, Eugene V. Debs, who gets arrested for drunk driving one night. When he discovers that the corrupt prosecutor, played by Tom Sizemore, is trying to put him in jail for political reasons, he decides to run against him for governor of Indiana.
The Drunk was filmed over the course of 4 weeks in Terre Haute, IN (July 11th – August 13th) and was co-produced and managed by Shatterglass Studios producer, Brett Hays. Over the course of the 4 week shoot, many articles were published not only locally, but nationwide.
Here are links to some of the news stories:
- ABC News: Ventura Joins Sizemore in Cast of ‘The Drunk’
- Access Hollywood: Ventura Joins Sizemore In Cast Of ‘The Drunk’
- ‘The Drunk’ ready to start filming: Producers announce Tom Sizemore has joined cast
- “The Drunk” begins filming in Terre Haute
- Inside ‘The Drunk’ – Movie written and directed by local men now 2 weeks into shooting
- Valley residents turn out to be part of ‘The Drunk’
- Film crews wrapping up production of ‘The Drunk’ (interview with Brett Hays)
- What would Debs think?
- Champaign has a movie studio? (article about Shatterglass Studios)
You can see more information on the film as well as behind the scenes photos on their Facebook page